Enjoy these pita bread fold sandwiches for a hearty dinner. Slow cooked chicken thighs dressed in Yoplait® 99% Fat Free plain yogurt and herb seasoning mix make a delicious filling.
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1½teaspoons lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 pita pocket breads
- ½ cupYoplait® 99% Fat Free plain yogurt
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
1. In slow-cooker, combine onion, garlic, chicken, lemon pepper, oregano, and allspice; mix to coat chicken with seasoning.
2. Cover and cook onLOWfor 4–6 hours.
3. Heat pita bread as directed on package. Meanwhile, remove chicken from slow-cooker; place on cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken.
4. To serve, stir yogurt into onion mixture in slow-cooker. Spoon chicken onto warm pita bread. With slotted spoon, transfer onion mixture onto chicken; top with tomato, cucumber, and red pepper strips.