It was a great and easy meal! I would suggest this recipe to anyone–especially you ladies with picky husbands or S.O! :)
- 1 pound raw extra-lean ground turkey (I used extra lean ground beef)
- 2 slices of fat-free cheddar cheese (I used Reduced Fat Pepper jack cheese_
- 1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese (again, I used reduced fat. Fat Free Sucks)
- 1/2 cup canned sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 packet of taco seasoning mix, dry (I used the whole packet)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook peppers and onions for three minutes over medium heat in a pan sprayed with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl, combine onions and peppers with turkey, corn and seasoning mix. Spread half of the mixture evenly into the bottom of the loaf pan (about 9″x5″) sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Layer the two slices of fat-free cheese on top of the mixture (try to keep slices away from the pan’s edges). Evenly top with the remaining meat mixture.
- Pour the salsa over the top of the loaf. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Top loaf with shredded cheese. Return loaf to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.