This is an outstanding dish. I always add some shrimp and mushrooms to the dish. I know the shimp adds more points but it is so worth it. Without the shrimp and mushrooms you get 7 points per serving. Serving size is 1 cup. Serve piping hot while it's creamiest. Happy eating.
Ww Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese, divide
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (cooked without salt or fat, about 8 oz uncooked pasta)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. (this is where I would add the shrimp).
- Add garlic; saute' 1 minute.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk stirring with a whisk until blended. (I would add mushrooms here).
- Cook 8 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese, cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until cheese melts.
- Pour over fettuccine; toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper.
- Serve immediately.