My father's side of the family is Sicilian, and has been making these pork chops for at least 3 generations. My husband frequently requests these over my marinated and grilled pork chops when I give him a choice. If you do not have an oven-proof skillet, you may cook the chops on the stove at medium-low
Italian Breaded Pork Chops
makes 4 servings
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 pork chops
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. In a separate small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Remove garlic, reserving for other uses.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops in the skillet, and brown abut 5 minutes on each side.
- Place the skillet and pork chops in the preheated oven, and cook 25 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).