Chocolate cookies coated in confectioners' sugar...very good! These are my childhood favorite. I make them every christmas,, before forming them into balls, get your hands wet so they won't stick to them. You might have to pop them back in the freezer if it's a hot day just DON'T try to handle them when they're warm because you will just be wasting your time. Also, get creative with them! I've made them with cinnamon one time and I coated them with powdered sugar mixed with cinnamon and those turned out GREAT :)
makes 6 dozen
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls. I like to use a number 50 size scoop. Coat each ball in confectioners' sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.