Beef and potatoes come together in this cheesy pot pie that’s baked to perfection - a savory dinner..
Burger and Fries Pot Pie
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 cups frozen crispy French-fried potatoes (from 20-oz bag)
- Heat oven to 450°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain well. Sprinkle flour over beef mixture. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes; heat to boiling. Remove from heat.
- In ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole, spread beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange frozen potatoes evenly in single layer on top.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Be sure to drain the cooked ground beef really well. Any extra juices will make the pot pie too watery.
When it’s too cold outside to grill those burgers, comfort food calls, and this pot pie will surely hit the spot!
Serve this pot pie with ketchup, if desired.