They are much better than the ones that you buy at the mall, and are so easy! They are cheaper to make at home too.
Hot Buttered Pretzels
- All purpose flour 12 1⁄2 Ounce (for dough)
- Sea salt 1 Teaspoon (for dough)
- Sugar 1 Teaspoon (for dough)
- Instant yeast 2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (for dough)
- Warm water 1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (1 cup for dough+ 1/2 cup for topping)
- Baking soda 1 Tablespoon (for topping)
- Vegetable oil 1 Tablespoon (for greasing)
- Unsalted butter 3 Tablespoon
1. Preheat oven to 500 degree.
2. Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil. You can also use parchment paper to line it.
3. For topping, in a bowl, whisk warm water and baking soda. Microwave for 1 minute, and keep it aside.
4. For dough, in stand mixer bowl, add flour, salt, sugar, and instant quick rise yeast.
5. Pour warm water in it, and stir with spatula to incorporate.
6. Then, using a dough hook attachment, knead the mixture on medium low for 5 minutes, or until the dough is soft and smooth, but not stick.
7. In a plastic bag, put the dough, and allow it to rise for about 30 minutes.
8. Remove the dough from plastic bag, and place it on oiled working counter.
9. Using a knife divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
10. Roll these pieces into long rope.
11. Shape each rope into pretzel as shown in the video.
12. Dip each pretzel in baking soda wash, and place it on baking sheet.
13. Sprinkle salt over it, and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.
14. Place it in oven and bake for 9-10 minutes, or until pretzels are fluffy and golden brown.
15. Remove the sheet from oven, and brush butter over hot pretzel.
16. Serve pretzel with hot tomato soup.
Read more at http://ifood.tv/pretzel/449409-hot-buttered-pretzels#xd0B0eGHr59DfjCP.99