This dressing came to me from my sister, she got it from a friend. I have been hearing about this dressing for a while and was happy to be able to try it. It is so good! I didn't have a salad recipe to accompany it so I came up with this. It turned out so good. My husband liked it so much, he had three servings of it - which is rare for him when it comes to salad.
Orange Dressing with Orange Strawberry Salad
- 1 package spring mix greens
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 large orange, cut into small pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup Sliced Almonds
- 4 TBS butter
- 4 TBS sugar
To make candied almonds:
Mix almonds, butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until the the butter and sugar turn to a toffee color, stir constantly.
- ½ tsp grated orange peel, or orange zest
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice ( 1 to 2 oranges )
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon “Good Seasons Dry Italian” dressing mix. It is about ½ a package
Put all ingredients in a container and shake- serve.