Anybody can add water to a boxed pancake mix, but you're better than that! These pancakes are not too thick, not too thin, but tender, light, buttery, and delicious
makes 12 pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- cooking spray
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk in melted butter, egg, and milk until combined. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour batter into the hot skillet, about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbles appear on the sides and center of each pancake. Flip and cook until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes.