Moist and juicy pot roast done in a slow cooker with carrots, onion and potatoes
Marie's Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
makes 6 to 8 servings
- 4 pounds chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Season the roast with salt and pepper to taste. Brown on all sides in a large skillet over high heat, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker and add the soup mix, water, carrots, onion, potatoes, and celery.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 8 to 10 hours.