It’s deliciously indulgent and the perfect recipe for any party where you really want to bring a dessert that has the “WOW” factor to it!
Deep Dish Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 12 Ghiradelli Caramel squares, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin top pan or deep dish cookie pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, soda, cornstarch and salt, and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy, about a minute. Beat in the egg and vanilla to combine.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Once dough has come together, stir the chocolate chips in by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Drop a Tablespoonful of dough into the bottom of each cavity. Gently press it to cover the bottom of each cavity. Top with an unwrapped square. Top the candy with an additional Tablespoonful of dough and gently press the top dough ball to cover and enclose the candy.
- Bake the cookies for approx. 12-15 minutes or until the centers are set and the edges are golden and lightly crisped. Allow the cookies to cool in the pan about 5 minutes before gently removing to wire racks to cool completely. You can loosen them from the pan very carefully with a butter knife.
**Note: You can also make this recipe without a deep dish cookie pan–just drop heaping Tablespoonfuls of dough 2-3″ apart on a greased or silicone-lined cookie sheet.**