Made this AMAZING creation this morning as a special treat for my daughter’s 2nd birthday breakfast.
Pretty sure this is going to be a staple breakfast until (if ever) I get sick of it lol
I was inspired by this ‘Blueberry French Toast Sandwich’ recipe I saw on Pinterest.
Although I do love my sweets, I’m not one for an overly sweet breakfast so I adapted it and have renamed it accordingly.
Here is my “Blueberry Breakfast Grilled Cheese” (could also be known as “homemade blueberry pop tart” because that is totally what it reminded me of while eating it!)
Blueberry Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Cream cheese
- Icing sugar
- Whole wheat bread
- Sandwich maker (I’m sure you could use a frying pan, but the sandwich maker sealed everything in which was perfection)
- Mix cream cheese with icing sugar (to taste – I didn’t want it super sweet)
- Butter outside of bread
- Spread cream cheese mixture on the inside of one slice of bread
- Place butter side down on sandwich maker and top with blueberries
- Place second piece of bread butter side out on top
- Close lid
- Grill for about 1 minute