I stumbled on this recipe in one of my mom's cookbooks last year. My family love pineapple so we gave it a go. Now it's a favorite. Easy to make, easy to eat, easy to put on some extra pounds if you consume too much! :D
Pineapple Cream Cheese Cake
Serves: 15 - 20
- 2 c sugar
- 3/4 c vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can(s) crushed pineapple (20 oz can) in its own juice or heavy syrup
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened (8 oz)
- 1 stick margarine or butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c powdered sugar
For the cake:
- Mix ingredients together by hand and pour into a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (cake may appear underdone because it is so moist).
- Remove cake from oven and cool completely before adding the icing.
For the icing:
- Beat the cream cheese and margarine or butter togehter. Add vanilla. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating between each addition until smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake. Refrigerate any leftovers or before serving if not serving until later.