Using virgin coconut oil in this recipe enhances the flavor of the sweet potatoes, while infusing a subtle perfume of coconut to them. Virgin coconut oil is found in most health food stores.
Coconut Oil Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 3/4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat.
- In a large bowl, toss together, the potatoes, coconut oil, sugar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- In a large baking dish, spread the potatoes out evenly and roast, tossing occasionally, until softened and caramelized, about an hour.